Transparent surface protection film for large areas in automotive and paint applications tesa® 4848 PV1 is a self-adhesive, transparent, and environmentally friendly surface protection ﬁlm made of PE that is coated with an age resistant acrylic adhesive. It allows protection of large areas against dirt and damage.
The ﬁlm is easy to use and protects a wide range of sensitive surfaces (e.g. glass, eloxal, plastic) from dirt, many chemicals, moisture, damage, and contamination of any kind. The surface protection ﬁlm is UV resistant, can be used for four weeks, and is easy to remove.
• Economic thin and transparent ﬁlm
• UV resistance allows outdoor use for four weeks
• Sensitive adhesive with low bonding strength
• Very versatile in terms of surfaces that can be protected
tesa® 4848 PV1 is very versatile for indoor and outdoor applications in automotive and paint applications.
Example applications are:
• Masking of large glass areas for paint jobs
• Protection of carpets in cars To ensure the highest performance possible, our aim is to fully understand your application (including the substrates involved) in order to provide the right product recommendation.
Technical Information (average values)
The values in this section should be considered representative or typical only and should not be used for speciﬁcation purposes.
• Backing material PE ﬁlm
• Total thickness 48 µm
• Type of adhesive acrylic
• Elongation at break 200 %
• Tensile strength 12 N/cm
• steel 0.8 N/cm (7.3 oz/in)
• Easy to remove Yes